- Move the content from the themag_drupal directory to your web root location or to your development environment. Make sure that you copied all the files including hidden files like .htaccess
- Run the installer. Visit your site in a web browser and you will be redirected to the installer page at /core/install.php
- Leave the language to English. If you plan to run the site on other language, you'll chaange the language later.
- Choose Standard installation profile and click on “Save and Continue”.
Wait for Drupal to be installed.
Restoring TheMAG database
After installing Drupal, to get all TheMAG features, you should restore TheMAG database.
- Click on Extend under administration toolbar (
- Enable Backup and Migrate and Admin Toolbar modules.
- Under Administration Toolbar, go to Configuration > Development > Backup and Migrate. (
- Click on the Restore tab, choose the "themag.mysql.gz" located in the configuration directory of the Envato package and click on Restore now button.
This method will override your access data. Now you can Log in to your Drupal site with - user: demo pass: demo. It is highly recommended to change your user name and password right after restoring the database.
Notes for Windows users
When you are using this installation method on a local development environment, in some cases after restoring the database you might see that the styles are not loaded correctly. This is because Drupal Temporally directory is set to /tmp. To fix this, go to Configuration > Media > File system (
/admin/config/media/file-system) and change the Temporally directory location according your environment.